Page 1 of 1


Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:12 pm
by JackDad
My ex-spouse is failing to pay for medical expenses that I had to front because of an emergency with our child. He broke his arm and now i'm stuck with the bill. What happens now? Do I have to go to court just for this one bill to be reimbursed?

Re: Medical

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:22 pm
by PeleMother
Aloha Jack,

Poor Pua!

Listen, failing to pay for unpaid or unreimbursed medical expenses may result in the same enforcement options as regular unpaid child support, also known as "arrearages". Unpaid child support, including medical expenses can be collected through, wage garnishment, interception of tax refunds, license revocation, and/or contempt of court charges.

A parent seeking enforcement of child support may initiate enforcement actions after a demand for payment has been made (within a certain time period), and after the parent responsible to pay did not pay (within a certain time period) of receiving the demand for payment.

So plan ahead and make sure you have some savings, because it could take some time before you get your money. Especially in these CRAZY corona times!!

Re: Medical

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:07 am
by westsidedude

Re: Medical

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:36 am
by westsidedude